Wednesday, February 1, 2012

An Exercise For Overcoming Fear

This video is entitled "Transform Your Fear Into Power." The speaker gives a technique for looking at your fears realistically. Once you've seen this short video, then you can scroll down and see how the exercise worked for me. Ok I'll just tell you, I think that the exercise truly is great and I thought it would be good for my fear issue. But it didn't seem to help much, unfortunately. Still I would the principles in the video below for overcoming fear. In other areas of my life, I've done similar mental exercises and found them very beneficial. But this fear didn't seem to respond well to the exercise suggested. Anyway, watch, see what you think, and take a look at how I implemented the exercise. Thoughts appreciated!






Facts

- I have never actually seen a demon manifest to me, but I know many people have.

- Others have been oppressed by demons. In the Christian realm, it appears that those Christians who are really doing something with their life are often oppressed whether physically or in other ways. Sometimes demons oppress those who take an interest in the occult.

- The devil is not more powerful than God. But God does allow many things to happen because of free-will and because he is working things out for our best interest. (I guess sometimes I wish he wouldn't. Going through scary stuff is not fun!)

- Demons hate good. Demons hate life (humans, animals, God). Their evil knows no bounds nor does the idea of good limit their oppressions in any way. They love to oppress. This happens often though we can't always see it.


 Story

- Demons are scary. They are pure evil; no remorse or guilt. And they can follow me if they want or physically hurt me and enjoy themselves as they do it. That terrifies me.
- If I see a demon or feel it touch me, or hear it call my name, then I will have a heartattack or that memory will haunt me forever just as past things I've seen on TV at a young age have freaked me out to this day.

-It makes me feel out of control when I can't see something that is watching me or doing harm to me and that is also powerful.

- The devil asked permission from God to do harm to Job's life. God allowed it. I don't like that god doesn't stop it. It is a terrible thought, oddly enough, that in times of fear, God may be allowing this because he has some sort of good reason for it. I tend not to care about the reason. I just know that I feel unsafe that God allows it when at the same time he promises to protect us from evil. But it seems he doesn't protect me from what I fear most--which is the feeling of fear itself....

- What is the worst that could happen? Demons could manifest and cause extreme fear mixed with the feeling of extreme evil surrounding me. I hate that feeling of terror worse than the possibility of death.

- Because I love God, who is a representation of all that is good and because I want to do good, then I think that there are some demons who would want to take me down. 

- Demons will manifest, fight me, oppress me and scare me if I stand up to them and let go of this fear. Yet this is the tactic they are likely using to keep me bound. Ah, I don't know what to do....And this is where I usually end up--confused and distraught.

As you can see, my facts really don't seem to help much! Ah, maybe it would help to have an outsiders perspective on my thoughts listed here. Where am I going wrong in my thinking? What am I doing here with my thoughts? I know that in order for me to see others and my own self in a realistic and truthful way, I have to get rid of this other "stuff" (fear) that begs me to live in the future (unreality). Thanks in advance for the advice!

No comments: