Thursday, February 16, 2012

Our New Chatbox Feature!

An awesome new feature has been added to this blog. I have high hopes for this little chatbox, that it might provide encouragement and support for you all. When I was dealing with a lot of my baggage from the past and all the marriage issues, I just needed to talk about what was going on SO MUCH. In addition, I needed a lot of advice and someone to be there willing to listen so I didn't feel alone. There were many times that I thought of suicide and how much I wanted to die because the issues were overwhelming me so much. I don't know what I would've done without the amazing support I had. So I want to offer that to any of you who may come to need it. (And of course, I'm gonna utilize it to! So some of you healthier folk may want to stop by every now and then and offer your experienced advice!)

Location: Scroll down and you will see it on your right.

About: Chatbox can be used whether I am online or not. This is a place where you are free to post knowing that you will not be receiving judgement or criticism; instead, encouragement and love. There is no judgement here. The range of issues that our chatbox mentors have had to face in their own lives include cutting, sexual abuse, and demon oppression amongst other things. Most of our mentors deal with others regularly, however, who may have different issues than their own. So there is a lot of experience there.

Here are some of the ways that chatbox can be used:
  • Posting advice or resources for others. 
  • Posting prayer requests. We would love to pray for you--anonymous or not.
  • Talking about issues you are dealing with.  
  • Posting questions (You can be as anonymous as you'd like. Make up a name if you wish.) Maybe you are experiencing a difficult situation and need some advice or an answer to a question. Our pastor's, counselors, and confidants will be monitoring the chatbox from time to time to offer some perspective or just some compassion.
  • Anything you would like to share with someone that has been a blessing for you: a testimony about what is going on, an issue that has been dealt with, a book or article that you've found helpful for you, etc... 
  • Any health related thoughts--whether emotional, physical or spiritual health.
* The purpose of chatbox would not be to discuss philosophical issues. Let's keep the topic help-based and health-based (emotional, spiritual, physical).

Love you guys and thanks in advance for your vulnerability (which is courageous and beautiful) and your support ~

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jessica, I think this is a great idea. I hope many of us will take advantage of the opportuntiy to share and lift each other up.

Angie L.

Jessica said...

Thanks Angela!

Jessica said...

I look forward to your input